|Eligible Properties and Improvements|
Click on the ">" icon to view details.
Properties eligible for C-PACE financing must be located in a governing body that has opted in to the C-PACE District and have one of the following uses:
- Dwelling purpose with more than 4 rental units
- Private or public club
- A similar purpose
New construction is also eligible.
- Automated building controls (such as BMS and EMS)
- Automated parking systems or parking that reduces land use
- Battery storage
- Boilers, chillers, and furnaces
- Building envelope (such as insulation, glazing, windows)
- Combined heat and power (CHP) systems
- EV chargers
- Geothermal systems
- High-efficiency lighting
- Hot water systems
- HVAC upgrades
- Hydroelectric systems
- Roof replacement that improves energy efficiency (such as reflective/cool roof, enhanced insulation)
- Seismic resiliency upgrades
- Small wind systems
- Solar PV* (roof upgrade/replacement for rooftop systems is also eligible)
- Solar thermal
- Variable speed drives on motors, pumps, and fans
- Vertical transport devices (such as energy efficient elevators and escalators)
- Water efficient fixtures (such as low-flow faucets and toilets)
In addition, the cost of improvements that are directly related to the installation of eligible improvements may be included in the C-PACE financed amount, e.g., roof upgrades to support a roof-mounted solar PV installation. This list is not all-inclusive and may change over time. For a complete list of improvements, see Utah Code 11-42a-102.
If a proposed improvement or expense is not on this list please contact us and provide a description of the proposed improvement or expense.
*Additional limitations apply for solar PV systems. Under the C-PACE Act, solar PV projects in the Rocky Mountain Power service territory are limited to 2 MW for existing building (there is no cap for new construction). Solar PV projects are prohibited in rural electric co-op territories.
|News Media Contacts|